CDL A Driver - City LTL
See yourself at Odyssey.
Join the team as our new CDL A Driver- City LTL!
Who We Are & Why We’re Hiring
Odyssey Hawaii, RPM a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation (Odyssey), is your trusted and reliable transportation and logistics company providing a wide range of ocean freight consolidating and forwarding, trucking and warehousing-distribution services. We are one of the few Jones Act Market companies that can ship cargo to and from the highly specialized Hawaiian markets.
Based in vibrant Fullerton, CA, Odyssey is on a journey to constantly innovate logistics. We’re actively recruiting for this key, high profile role in the company because we have experienced tremendous growth and would love for you to join us!
Visit us at: www.OdysseyLogistics.com/careers
About the Job:
The position of Class A Driver will have the primary responsibility of assisting in loading, pick-ups, and deliveries of freight to our various customer locations while working with Dispatch to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
In This Role, You Will:
- Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles;
- Perform daily pre-trip, post-trip and safety inspections on equipment;
- Organized and capable of managing time to meet deadlines;
- Communicate with customers to determine pick up or delivery needs;
- Perform freight handling using motorized and manual equipment, including forklift, pallet jack and hand truck;
- Arrange freight to maximize trailer capacity, distribute weight and secure the contents with appropriate materials;
- Ability to climb in and out of tractor and trailer;
- Verify documentation matches freight description;
- Comply with all hazardous material regulations and procedures;
- Adhere to dispatch instructions, route sequencing and communicate with dispatch as required. Must have the ability to use a two way radio;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations;
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training;
- Report issues to dispatch immediately.
- Manage, collect and return cash and checks to base terminal;
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service;
- Solicit additional business provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities;
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Perform other duties as required.
We recognize not all applicants have every skill or qualification to match a job description exactly. Odyssey values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the most required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Class A driver’s license
- Minimum high school education or GED is required.
- At least two years driving experience.
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with hazardous materials endorsement. A doubles endorsement is preferred
- Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle record (MVR) based on hiring standards
- Must meet all department of transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Successfully pass a road test at all times.
Position located onsite in Fullerton, CA.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, Odyssey provides a range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location, or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The base pay range for this position is: $26 to $32.21 per hour
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options.
- Vision insurance;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Competitive Paid Time Off.
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
- Job Family Operations - Company Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.21
- Telecommute % 0
- Fullerton, CA, USA