At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Odyssey International Services, Inc. (formally known as American Relocation Services) has been handling commercial and residential moving needs for over 20 years in Alaska. We provide our clients with cost-effective, timely and secure transport of personal effects and household goods. With warehouse facilities in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Kenai-Soldotna, Alaska, and in Tacoma, Washington, we are the experts is in Alaska moving and storage.
The Receptionist is responsible for providing support for various departments and help with general administrative tasks for the office. Requires attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks and duties of different importance, and multi-tasking abilities.
This is a part-time seasonal position working less than 30 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Order supplies.
- Type up files.
- Customer Service calls.
- Process and send all paperwork.
- Enter in all job offers.
- Maintains reception, front office public orderly fashion.
- Talk with carriers and bases.
- Other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of reception and front office administration experience.
- Experience in handling multi-line phone systems.
- Basic user knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple deadlines and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn new tasks as needs arise and retain information.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and others using both written and verbal forms of communication.
Employee must lift and carry up to 30 lbs., sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach above head for files, grasp, handle and perform finger operations. Must operate normal office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, and copy machine.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Administration & Other
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Fairbanks, AK, USA