Line Haul CDL A Driver
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
The position of Class A Driver will have the primary responsibility of assisting in loading, pick-ups, and deliveries of freight to our various customer locations while working with Dispatch to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner.
Days and start times may vary Weekend work and/or overtime may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates vehicles in compliance with local and state traffic codes/laws and company procedures.
- Read and understand traffic signs and controls in accordance with FHWA regulations.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on all vehicles assigned to operate and ensures any necessary repairs are completed according to state and federal regulations prior to arriving and/or leaving the terminal.
- Track and maintain hours of service logs.
- Ensures load is properly stowed and secured to prevent shifting or damage while in transit to the delivery location.
- Examines shipping documents to verify all shipments loaded and is properly segregated and/or separated.
- Uses proper equipment for safe loading and/or unloading.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year driving of assigned trucks in a local environment.
- Required LCV Certification
- Required to have double endorsement
- Minimum of 1 year of double endorsement experience in winter conditions
- Valid Alaska Class A with Hazardous Materials endorsement or B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid Medical Card
- Must possess a good driving record
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, and reach with hands and arms Occasionally extend working hours to meet customer and American Fast Freight delivery requirements.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold).
- Coordinating a multitude of variables with employees to complete schedule demands.
- Low to moderate noise levels
- Time sensitive project requirements
- Coordination of customer order consolidation out of multiple containers
- By time of hire, be registered with the US DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of references, background check, drug screening, and required US DOT required drug and alcohol check for past three (3) years.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
Preferred vendor discounts;
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations - Company Driver
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anchorage, AK, USA