The Odyssey Bulk Tank Transport Business unit, Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT), established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck and intermodal transport across North America. Headquartered in Linden, New Jersey, Linden Bulk Transportation has over 350 power units, 700 trailers and 180 ISO container chassis with lift kits. In addition to its Linden, NJ headquarters, Linden Bulk has facilities in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas and Louisiana.
Visit us at: www.odysseylogistics.com/trucking/linden-bulk/
Summary / Primary Role:
The position of Mechanic will have primary responsibility to work in conjunction with other mechanics to perform regular inspections and routine maintenance, and repairs on company tractor(s) and trailer(s) in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Adhere to maintenance, shop rules and safety regulations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with co-workers(s), carrier(s), vendor(s), and driver(s).
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors and other assigned mechanics.
- Follow applicable checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Discuss and plan work procedures with supervisors and other assigned mechanics using charts, technical manuals, and personal experience.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Confer with drivers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Preventative maintenance inspections on tractors, trailers, and converters.
- Perform routine maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Inspect, repair, reline, replace and adjust brakes.
- Inspect repair and replace tires.
- Make all other general repairs and/or adjustments on vehicles in accordance with company and manufacturer specifications.
- Maintain and repair shop equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Participate in parts inventory when requested.
- Participate in company training programs, safety events, company functions and meetings when requested.
- Assist in training and development of new mechanics.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added to or change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- A minimum of two years of experience working with heavy diesel equipment is required.
- Must own and maintain adequate hand tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend manual, wiring diagrams, schematics, diagnostic tools, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, OHSA, EPA and DOT regulations is required.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) is preferred.
- Responsible for periodic driving duties of non-CDL commercial vehicles within the parameters of your job duties; which will further require you to maintain an active driver’s license at all times. Should your driver’s license status change, you are required to report the change to your supervisor immediately.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Linden, NJ, USA