Communications Specialist (Graphics Design)
Hajoca Corporation is one of the country’s largest privately held wholesale distributors of plumbing, heating & cooling, and industrial supplies. Founded in 1858, Hajoca is a company based on the principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability,” and on relationships of trust and support with teammates, customers, and suppliers. Throughout its history, Hajoca has played an active role in shaping advances in plumbing. However, we attribute our success to two simple truths: a unique business philosophy and talented people. Hajoca is all about the people, who give us our advantage, and who will guide us successfully into the future.
Hajoca has over 400 locations nationwide, called Profit Centers; and at the foundation of our family of businesses is a National Support Center (NSC) where Centers of Excellence are dedicated to enabling the success of our Profit Centers.
The MarComm team in our National Support Center (NSC) is looking for a Communications Specialist at our Lafayette Hill, PA office.
In your role as a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Design, produce, and edit both internal and external Hajoca collateral, including but not limited to advertisements, brochures, newsletters, logos, websites, email communications, flyers, templates, signage, videos, and presentations.
- Create and/or edit graphics, photography, and video content for various communications projects.
- Build out pages within our Company intranet.
- Comply with brand standards from across varying businesses with varying brand names and be a brand ambassador for Hajoca.
- Attend meetings to understand and plan upcoming communications initiatives.
This is a hybrid position with the expectation the individual is in our Lafayette Hill office 3 days per week. Additional travel may also be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or closely related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education required
- 2+ years’ experience in communications, graphic design, marketing, or similar type role
- Proficient in WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Acrobat
- Knowledge of UI/UX
- HTML and CSS experience is a plus
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Have excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with a diverse range of internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities with a high attention to detail.
- Provide exceptional customer service and demonstrate the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with managers and coworkers.
- Be well versed in MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Have experience using content editing platforms (such as intranet/email marketing).
- Have experience with screen-capture software (to create instructional videos).
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have comfort using a variety of media forms to convey information.
The benefits of working with us:
Our culture is well-suited for exceptional people who use their talents to drive business and want to share in the financial success their efforts yield. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a Profit-Sharing Program that provides each team member with an opportunity to earn a direct share of the profits on an annual basis. In addition to our strong performance-based compensation package, Hajoca offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Retirement cash account with company contributions
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- 2001 Joshua Rd, Lafayette Hill, PA 19444, USA