STAFF ENGINEER I
Founded in 1978, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Formosa Plastics) is a growing, vertically-integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. With annual revenues of more than $5 billion, we employ over 2,800 people who operate 20 production units in six business divisions - Olefins, Polyolefins, Vinyl, Specialty Polyvinyl Chloride, Chlor-Alkali, and Oil & Gas.
Formosa Plastics offers a full line of polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene and polypropylene resins, caustic soda and other petrochemicals that deliver the consistency, performance and quality that customers demand. We market our polypropylene and polyethylene resins under the Formolene® tradename; we market our suspension PVC and specialty (dispersion) PVC resins under the Formolon® tradename. We also produce and sell caustic soda, ethylene dichloride, commercial bleach and hydrochloric acid.
We are committed to supplying the highest quality products and services to our customers, providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contributing to the quality of life in the communities where we operate. This commitment is made possible through our dedicated people, consistent products, continued protection of the environment and ongoing investments in new product development, quality control systems and safe, modern and energy-efficient production facilities.
Formosa Plastics is a privately held company headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey. Our core business, producing plastic resins and petrochemicals, takes place at three wholly-owned chemical manufacturing subsidiaries located in Delaware City, Delaware, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Point Comfort, Texas.
• 1 to 4 years of experience in project handling, engineering or industry field experience.
• Engineering analysis/design, project development and execution.
• Continual development as required such as: Standard Operating Procedure, Master Training Plan, Legal and Ethical Training, and other internal and external training as planned, developed, and prescribed.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
• Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
• Minimal travel required.
• Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
Check Out Our Benefits
Health Coverage and Perks
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care
Group Term Life, Dependent and
Supplemental Life Insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off for a balanced life
(Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
Competitive salary, incentive/bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match,
Cash Balance Pension Plan and equity for all employees
- Job Family SP
- Job Function E
- Pay Type Salary
- 9 Peach Tree Hill Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA