Founded in 1978, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Formosa Plastics) is a growing, vertically-integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. With annual revenues of more than $5 billion, we employ over 2,800 people who operate 20 production units in six business divisions - Olefins, Polyolefins, Vinyl, Specialty Polyvinyl Chloride, Chlor-Alkali, and Oil & Gas.
Formosa Plastics offers a full line of polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene and polypropylene resins, caustic soda and other petrochemicals that deliver the consistency, performance and quality that customers demand. We market our polypropylene and polyethylene resins under the Formolene® tradename; we market our suspension PVC and specialty (dispersion) PVC resins under the Formolon® tradename. We also produce and sell caustic soda, ethylene dichloride, commercial bleach and hydrochloric acid.
We are committed to supplying the highest quality products and services to our customers, providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contributing to the quality of life in the communities where we operate. This commitment is made possible through our dedicated people, consistent products, continued protection of the environment and ongoing investments in new product development, quality control systems and safe, modern and energy-efficient production facilities.
Formosa Plastics is a privately held company headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey. Our core business, producing plastic resins and petrochemicals, takes place at three wholly-owned chemical manufacturing subsidiaries located in Delaware City, Delaware, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Point Comfort, Texas.
- Negotiate to obtain the best possible price/terms for total cost saving & company best interest.
- Perform the Purchasing services for the Plant Expansion and/or MRO (Maintenance/Repair /Operation) work at the right time, with the right quality, in the right quantity, and at the right price.
- Evaluate bidder(s)' proposal(s) document and specification, and analyze the prices, previous performance, commitments and indications of financial responsibility in order to recommend the most advantageous proposal.
- Verify the accuracy of Purchase Order (s) and/or Contract documentation in order to properly issue the PO/Award.
- Evaluate bid responsiveness, vendor(s)' responsibility and its performance by observing and monitoring market conditions and business practices.
- Perform job accountability and position function in terms of objectives, priorities and deadlines, and effectively communication, collaborate, facilitate the communication between internal and external contacts including Plant Users (e.g. Engineering Center, Maintenance and Operation Groups), Legal, Accounting, and, all other contacts
- Four (4) year college degree required
- Entry level or 1 years’ experience as a Buyer.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of AS400 is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Negotiating skills and problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
Check Out Our Benefits
Health Coverage and Perks
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care
Group Term Life, Dependent and
Supplemental Life Insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off for a balanced life
(Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
Competitive salary, incentive/bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match,
Cash Balance Pension Plan and equity for all employees
- Job Family PF
- Job Function R
- Pay Type Salary
- 9 Peach Tree Hill Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA