Founded in 1978, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Formosa Plastics) is a growing, vertically-integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. With annual revenues of more than $5 billion, we employ over 2,800 people who operate 20 production units in six business divisions - Olefins, Polyolefins, Vinyl, Specialty Polyvinyl Chloride, Chlor-Alkali, and Oil & Gas.
Formosa Plastics offers a full line of polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene and polypropylene resins, caustic soda and other petrochemicals that deliver the consistency, performance and quality that customers demand. We market our polypropylene and polyethylene resins under the Formolene® tradename; we market our suspension PVC and specialty (dispersion) PVC resins under the Formolon® tradename. We also produce and sell caustic soda, ethylene dichloride, commercial bleach and hydrochloric acid.
We are committed to supplying the highest quality products and services to our customers, providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contributing to the quality of life in the communities where we operate. This commitment is made possible through our dedicated people, consistent products, continued protection of the environment and ongoing investments in new product development, quality control systems and safe, modern and energy-efficient production facilities.
Formosa Plastics is a privately held company headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey. Our core business, producing plastic resins and petrochemicals, takes place at three wholly-owned chemical manufacturing subsidiaries located in Delaware City, Delaware, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Point Comfort, Texas.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Use Microsoft Visual studio to maintain/develop Web application.
- To ensure data integrity of application and supporting systems.
- Work efficiently to meet the project deadlines.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work with Business Analyst to analyze user requirements.
- According to user requirements and company standards to develop program specifications
- for programmers to program application system.
- Monitor abnormal reports generated by application and supporting systems and respond to abnormalities for Manager’s attention.
- Ensure data and system integrity for all application and supporting systems related.
- Improve application and supporting systems to meet team and department goals.
- Monitor application and supporting systems and trouble shoot system abnormalities.
- Assigned the responsibilities of off-hours duty: On-duty employee is required to be available and handle problems according to SOPs.
- Review, process and complete wo rk requisition according to SOPs
- Trouble shoot system problems ASAP for monthly and/or daily closing.
- Test the programs to ensure that the results of system perform as they are defined.
- Ensure sufficient application system documents necessary for system maintain and user training as defined by the company policy or procedure.
- Train users and reply users’ questions.
- Perform additional project or jobs assigned by the manager.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONs REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING
- 4-year college degree in computer Science related majors.
- Preferable 1-year working experience in programing/system analytics
Check Out Our Benefits
Health Coverage and Perks
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care
Group Term Life, Dependent and
Supplemental Life Insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off for a balanced life
(Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
Competitive salary, incentive/bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match,
Cash Balance Pension Plan and equity for all employees
- Job Family SP
- Job Function M
- Pay Type Salary
- 9 Peach Tree Hill Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA