Founded in 1978, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Formosa Plastics) is a growing, vertically-integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. With annual revenues of more than $5 billion, we employ over 2,800 people who operate 20 production units in six business divisions - Olefins, Polyolefins, Vinyl, Specialty Polyvinyl Chloride, Chlor-Alkali, and Oil & Gas.
Formosa Plastics offers a full line of polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene and polypropylene resins, caustic soda and other petrochemicals that deliver the consistency, performance and quality that customers demand. We market our polypropylene and polyethylene resins under the Formolene® tradename; we market our suspension PVC and specialty (dispersion) PVC resins under the Formolon® tradename. We also produce and sell caustic soda, ethylene dichloride, commercial bleach and hydrochloric acid.
We are committed to supplying the highest quality products and services to our customers, providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contributing to the quality of life in the communities where we operate. This commitment is made possible through our dedicated people, consistent products, continued protection of the environment and ongoing investments in new product development, quality control systems and safe, modern and energy-efficient production facilities.
Formosa Plastics is a privately held company headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey. Our core business, producing plastic resins and petrochemicals, takes place at three wholly-owned chemical manufacturing subsidiaries located in Delaware City, Delaware, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Point Comfort, Texas.
- Provide customer service in the Chlor Alkali Department and to ensure customer orders are processed and approved promptly under the supervision of the Marketing Manager.
- Act as a liaison between plants and customers to facilitate timely shipments.
- Provide customers with services that meet the highest standard in customer satisfactions.
- Monitor Bleach/HCL production and operation.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Logistics Management
- Develop logistic plans for on time deliveries base on customers' request. Work with Traffic, Accounting, Management Center and Finance Departments if necessary for special projects.
- Work with Credit for credit holds, payment discrepancies and other credit related issues.
- Communicate with plants, carriers and customers about order delivery problems.
- Work with Traffic and loading teams closely to arrange daily/weekly shipments to meet customers' requests.
- Inventory and Business Operation Management
- Monitor operation, production/inventory to ensure healthy inventory level for stable daily operation and sales.
- Report abnormalities and advise Marketing/Sales Managers about possible solutions to regain production and sales balance and normal inventory levels.
- Review sales and pricing, and make sales/price adjustments if necessary - monthly
- Correct and adjust inventory based on discrepancies
- Process orders and troubleshooting.
- Receive customer orders via phone, email or EDI/online platform, then key in to WebERP, distribute and retain necessary information required to process order, close orders in the system, and monitor waterway shipments.
- Provide outstanding service to customers and maintain good communication and relationship with carriers. Advise management and/or appropriate personnel and follow proper instructions in regards to trouble shooting.
- Sales Target forecast and sales activities update
- Monthly Analysis report
- Market intelligence analysis and market trends follow up
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONs REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING
- 4-year college degree.
- 2 years business related work preferred
- Experience in chemicals/plastics industry is desirable.
- Experience in with Microsoft office suite.
Check Out Our Benefits
Health Coverage and Perks
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care
Group Term Life, Dependent and
Supplemental Life Insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off for a balanced life
(Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
Competitive salary, incentive/bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match,
Cash Balance Pension Plan and equity for all employees
- Job Family SP
- Job Function R
- Pay Type Salary
- 9 Peach Tree Hill Rd, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA