Business Analyst- (Remote Local)
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA ● Houston, TX, USA Req #1115
Monday, January 16, 2023
Job Title: IT Business Analyst (Remote Local)
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director, Product Owners and Business Analysts
FLSA Status: Exempt
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
Position Summary: Ensures and maintains the effectiveness of DISA’s IT solution delivery by evaluating business problems, challenges, and opportunities to identify optimal software solutions. Maintain ongoing contact with other business stakeholders as well as IT development and support staff to assess project progress and priorities, provide or seek input on solutions, assist in developing systems requirements and programming specifications, coordinate implementation of solutions, discuss new software tools, and\or identify software bugs.
• Advise management in areas of concern with regard to business areas in need of an IT solution or IT solutions falling short of business need
• Advise IT development and support personnel of business drivers and functional requirements behind IT projects as well as potential technical methods that could better address functional requirements
• Assist in implementation of and training of business stakeholders in use of new IT solutions
• Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities
• Creates detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and translates into functional specifications
• Review functional and design specifications and\work with development team and business stakeholders to ensure full understanding of individual IT deliverables
• Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
• Assists, facilitates and participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
• Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
• Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure
• Agile software development knowledge
• Industry knowledge of drug testing, backgrounds and driver safety
• 2 to 5 years of related job experience working in a business analyst or directly in business operational role
• Exposure to software and hardware design principles
• Exposure to programming technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Java, Relational Database Design, Object-Oriented programming, and other web-interface technologies
- Job Family Analyst
- Job Function IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA
- Houston, TX, USA