Data Entry Specialist (REMOTE OPPORTUNITY)
Job Title: Data Records Specialist
Location: San Fernando, CA (DECS)
Reports to: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
Position Summary: Data Records Specialist downloads, subcategorizes, verifies, uploads and enters driver qualification applications into DECS’s two websites. Once this step is complete, the Data Records Specialist then places the driver qualification applications into appropriate folders for further processing by individual departments. The Specialist uses leadership qualities to motivate and lead their group to enhance their performance. The Specialist strives for efficiency without sacrificing quality.
Average Percent of Time
Download driver qualification applications that arrive through the company’s D3 website portal. Identify which services are required to be rendered for each client.
Verify subcategorized documents and then upload them into the D3 website auditor’s queue.
Communicate effectively and professionally with clients regarding the specific qualifications pertaining to the three driver positions being qualified.
Solid working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Writer, Microsoft Office and FileMaker.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Represent the company, its employees and the work environment with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Stay current on all DECS company policies, procedures, and practices.
- Stay current on all Federal and State regulations, pertaining to department.
- Follow company workflow procedure to provide maximum efficiency.
- Download driver qualification applications that arrive through the company’s D3 website portal.
- Verify the three positions into which a driver is being qualified, using driver license category and studio policies as a reference.
- Identify which services are required to be rendered for each client.
- Rename application files to include the date of DECS Safety Performance History Request (SPHR), driver ID number, show title and related documents (when applicable).
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients regarding the specific qualifications pertaining to the three driver positions being qualified.
- Subcategorize relevant documents based on the appropriate DECS workflow.
- Verify subcategorized documents and then upload them into the D3 website auditor’s queue.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organized manner and work under
- Strong computer skills in the areas data entry and data management.
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Writer, Microsoft Office and FileMaker.
- Ability to use the Internet as a research tool, when required.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with coworkers, clients and vendors.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills for summarizing and communicating findings.
- Ability to concentrate and work efficiently and consistently.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel and bend for extended periods of time.
- Participate in cross-training programs to enhance versatility and ensure development of career path.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Continually observe surroundings and maintain a mindset of vigilance as it relates to the security of the facility.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Experience level - 2+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate in Arts Degree
- Experience level - 2 to 3 years
Overtime: As needed
Travel %: None
Physical Working Conditions (ADA):
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employees must occasionally lift to twenty - five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DISA Global Solutions Inc, and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates, (“the Company”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of all individuals including job applicants. The Company collects personal information of job applicants in connection with its recruitment and hiring activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose to any third parties. The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA”) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it
recruits and hires employees. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting The California Privacy Protective Agency.
What Categories of Job Applicant Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Name, address, and Email Address.
- Education information.
- Employment history, employment experiences, and references.
- Military service.
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding gender, race/ethnicity, veteran status, and disability status; and
- Information provided by you during the hiring process.
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
I have received, read, and understood the above Privacy Notice and information contained therein.
- Job Family Specialist
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $29.00
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA
- San Fernando, CA, USA