Occupational Health Nurse
JOB TITLE: Occupational Health Nurse
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the onsite Safety Department, but is overseen by the management team of Mid State Occupational Health Services Inc. This position interfaces with plant managers, foreman, personnel, and all employees within the manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for all written and verbal communications pertaining to the health center which includes: employee health education, obtaining medical information from employees, recording medical histories on new or existing employees, and assisting with return to work evaluations for all non-occupational medical leaves. This position is responsible to assist the Safety Department in the implementation and maintenance of a proactive safety and health program to reduce the number of work related injuries and their associated cost. This person will be the primary liaison with the worker’s compensation insurance carrier, to ensure that all claims are thoroughly investigated, claims are approved and denied with company knowledge, and that claim reserves are established appropriately with company knowledge. This person will also be responsible for the maintenance of all OSHA 300 logs, and with the entries that go onto the log.
This position will have primary responsibility for:
1. Worker’s compensation case management.
2. Assessing and treating all workrelated & nonworkrelated injury/illnesses within the scope of practice.
3. Managing all required health surveillance programs, and drug/alcohol testing.
4. Facilitate wellness programs, provide monthly reports as required by the employer, and will assist with safety meetings, training, and general plant safety administration.
This position provides medical assistance for all work related illnesses/injuries within the scope of licensure. The position is responsible for compliance and maintenance of all required regulatory statutes. This position is responsible for management of all worker’s compensation claims, and has cross functional safety responsibilities i.e.: training, education, incident investigation, and general plant safety administration.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deal directly with patients in a manner that instills confidence and facilitates communication.
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse medical personnel including physicians, technicians and nurses.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Health & Wellness and OSHA regulations, worker’s compensation statutes, and associated insurance requirements.
• Demonstrated knowledge of FMLA, and HIPPA regulations, as well as Disability management.
• Demonstrated computer literacy.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 5 years Nursing experience.
Minimum of 1 year occupational health experience.
Holds a current CPR/First Aid/AED certificate.
Holds a current Registered Nurse license in the state of South Carolina.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
Knowledge of OSHA regulations, worker’s compensation statutes, and associated insurance requirements. The ability to manage a variety of tasks and make critical decisions. Strong verbal and written skills, and organizational skills. Must be willing to be trained in hazardous materials recognition, response, and safety programs.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an outpatient clinic, but occasionally may entail onsite industrial visits.
Work Schedule/Location: This position will be for a second shift (2-10 pm or 3-12 pm) Monday to Friday. The position location is at First Quality, 441 Master’s Blvd., Anderson, SC 29626.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
- Job Family Nurse
- Job Function Medical / Collections
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- 441 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626, USA