Application Support Specialist (Remote)
Job Title: Application Support Specialist (Remote)
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: User Support Manager
Position Summary: Provides support to internal end users of DISA’s proprietary and enterprise applications by performing the listed functions and responsibilities.
• Provide assistance to users of DISA applications by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or requests
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
• Uses the IT Service Management system to review and respond to requests for support
• Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources or vendors
• Authors and edits documentation and procedures in the IT Knowledgebase
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Performs maintenance of existing custom software, including end-user support
• Monitors performance of applications after implementation
• Able to communicate status and issues to upper management
• Applies basic knowledge of company’s core technologies to achieve the listed duties
• Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirms that the program meets specifications
• Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs
• Consults with internal users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs
• Creates documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections
• Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs
• Bachelor’s degree, or two years of related job experience supporting software applications, or an associate’s degree
• Exposure to software and hardware design principles
• Experience working in a software development capacity
• Exposure to programming technologies such as PHP, MySQL, Relational Database Design, and Linux OS
• Experience working with LAMP
• Python and Perl knowledge is a plus
Success factors/job competencies:
• Achievement Focus – sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, recognizes and acts on opportunities, measures self against standards of excellence, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
• Business Ethics – upholds organizational values, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and works ethically, treats people with respect, and keeps commitments
• Continuous Learning – assesses own strengths and weaknesses, seeks feedback to improve performance, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, and shares expertise with others
• Customer Service – displays courtesy and sensitivity, manages difficult or emotional customer situations, meets commitments, responds promptly to customer needs, and solicits customer feedback to improve service
• Job Knowledge – is competent in required job skills and knowledge, exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills, keeps abreast of current developments, requires minimal supervision, displays an understanding of how the job relates to others, and uses resources effectively
• Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays a commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts the success of the team above one’s own
• Problem Solving – identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• Annual performance appraisal for IT professional level
• Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
- Job Family Specialist
- Job Function IT
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA
- Houston, TX, USA