Job Title: Collection Specialist for Drug and Alcohol Testing
Job Overview: Performs drug and alcohol tests on donors as well as hair testing.
A Day in the Life:
• You will perform drug screen collections following DOT specimen collections guidelines, which includes direct observation when needed.
• You will perform breath alcohol testing using intoximeters such as the LifeLoc Phoenix 6.0 and AlcoScreen2 Strips, following DOT alcohol testing guidelines.
• You will perform hair collections following Psychemedics guidelines.
• You will inform the Service Center Manager of all unusual circumstances surrounding all tests performed.
• You will carry a mobile phone for scheduled time periods and performs after-hours emergency drug and alcohol testing when needed.
• You will perform other related duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Must be age 18 or over.
• Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Has Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is DOT Certified Urine Specimen Collector or must obtain certification within two (2) weeks from date of hire.
• Is DOT EBT (Evidential Breath Testing) Certified or must obtain certification within two (2) weeks from date of hire.
• Has hair Collection Training Certificate and Oral Fluid Training Certificate or must obtain within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
• Physically able to carry a minimum of 50lbs for extended periods of time.
• Physically able to walk for extended periods of time, climb, cross, jump over objects varying in height.
• Majority of the work conducted out our office is done on Motor Vessels/Tugs and Barges on the local waterways, which is where much of our work is conducted.
• Available for fluctuating hours, start times can vary between 0300-0800 typically depending on the job schedule.
Physical Overview of Role:
•.Will be required to carry 50 lbs. to testing location (Back Pack and Pelican Case -Mobile Printer and Tablet)
• Need to be comfortable with water and heights as majority of clients are in O&G Maritime
• Will be climbing ladders, moving between boats, skiff in the water
PPE is provided (hard hat and life vest).
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position.
Hours for office work are Monday through Friday: 8 am - 3 pm. Saturday & Sunday & After Hour Call and Holidays.
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
- Job Family Specialist
- Job Function Medical / Collections
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 50
- 200 Hickory Ave, Harahan, LA 70123, USA