Job Title: Medical Assistant
Summary: Provides primary support to clinic’s medical provider. Position provides coverage during clinic core hours typically 8:00a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Great clients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
• Patient prep for physical exams including vital signs and vision testing
• EKG Testing
•Drug and alcohol testing
• Audiometric testing
• Spirometry testing
• Respirator fit testing
• Administration of injections
• Front Desk duties to include but not limited to; check-in, check-out, scheduling, answering phones, filing, referrals, etc.
• Provide support to local service centers if needed
• Ability to perform physical requirement of position:
o Frequently: – stand, sit, bend, walk, operate a computer
o Lift – 11-20 pounds
• Excellent customer services skills and verbal communication skills
• Punctual and dependable
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of MS Office and ability to learn other proprietary software systems
• Professional appearance
• Ability to perform clinical duties accurately and in accordance with protocols, regulations.
• Demonstrates sound decision making when dealing with client issues
• Maintains all required clinical certifications
• Adheres to all corporate policies/procedures and federal /state regulations.
• Medical Assistant Certification or higher-level medical certification
• Minimum 1-year clinical experience is preferred
Work Hours: This is an on-site role. When not on-site, the office hours will be Monday - Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider with customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and more than 800 team members across 30 locations. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, we have more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA is proud to be a 2022 “Top Workplaces” award winner. We offer competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities for career advancement. We host monthly appreciation events, and our internal learning and development team provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training.
- Job Family Assistant
- Job Function Medical / Collections
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- 150 Mundy St, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702, USA
- Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA