Application Support Specialist (Remote Work Opportunity)
10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA ● Virtual Req #802
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Job Title: Application Support Specialist -Remote Work Opportunity
DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 800 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 35 years and has a strong market presence in the industrial and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Job Overview: The Application Support Specialist provides support to internal end users of DISA’s proprietary and enterprise applications by performing the listed functions and responsibilities.
Position Summary: Provides support to internal end users of DISA’s proprietary and enterprise applications by performing the listed functions and responsibilities.
• Provides technical assistance for users of DISA application software by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or requests
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
• Uses the IT Service Management system to review and respond to requests for support
• Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources or vendors
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
• Interacts with end users to understand issues from a business perspective
• Works with end users to reproduce reported issues in test environments and reports those issues to the development team or application vendor
• Analyzes codes to find possible causes of errors and works with development team to revises applications
• Performs maintenance of existing custom software, including end-user support
• Monitors performance of applications after implementation
• Able to communicate status and issues to upper management
• Applies basic knowledge of company’s core technologies to achieve the listed duties
• Bachelor’s degree, or one year of related job experience supporting software applications, or an associate’s degree with six 6 months of related experience
• Exposure to software and hardware design principles
• Exposure to programming technologies such as C-Sharp, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Relational Database Design, Object-Oriented programming
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift up to twenty - five 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is an industry-leading safety and compliance solutions provider. These include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and more. DISA has been servicing customers across the U.S. and Canada since 1986 and employs more than 800 team members across 30 locations.
Our entire team is committed to high quality and customer service excellence. When you join the DISA family, you join an industry leader that more than 27% of fortune 500 companies use. With a rich history of IT innovation, DISA has developed some of the most advanced platforms in our industry. These platforms support more than 40,000 customers and complete more than 6 million orders each year.
DISA offers a collaborative and team-oriented culture with monthly appreciation events, as well as competitive pay, a robust benefits package, and an exciting place to work. Our internal learning and development team also provides the resources for employees to engage in continuing education and training, paving the way for numerous opportunities for career advancement.
DISA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA