Senior Business Development Manager – Singapore
Senior Business Development Manager – Singapore
In your role as Senior Business Development Manager, you will:
- Liaise with business prospects on behalf of Convera to attract and maintain new clients.
- Influence everyone from the owner of a start-up to the FD or CEO of a large, established corporate. You may initially consult with them on their currency requirements, risk profile, and payment solutions and progress toward securing sustainable, profitable trading relationships.
Your initial prospecting activities will entail identifying and engaging new prospects to Convera through proactive prospecting activities, attending self-identified and company supported industry and networking events, independently handling leads through the sales process, the client set up, and early transactions.
- Account management of the new clients you bring on board
- You will be expected to maintain and develop knowledge across specific industries or regions as a subject matter expert while work across internal teams to provide tailored solutions for clients and articulate how our products and services can best solve the challenges they face.
- We will expect you to maintain an understanding of payment industry, compliance, and legislative requirements, and broader business/economic landscape to enhance your ability to meet and anticipate client requirements. You will be working in a collaborative environment, utilizing internal relationship teams and relevant management to close sales opportunities.
- As part of your role, you will be required to identify and develop key referral partnerships/ circle of influence relationships with associated organizations, partners, and advisors of our prospective clients.
You will ideally have:
- We would like you to come with experience in payments / remittance / foreign exchange industry – this is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in new business sales in a fast-paced environment, consistently achieving targets and deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated and confident, with high integrity and tenacity to outperform the competition.
- Experience managing relationships with and driving revenue from existing client accounts
- You will come with a strong understanding of consultative sales principles, and adept at executive corporate level negotiations and building long-term client relationships. You will independent self-starter with a tenacious approach to a new business acquisition. You will have the ability to work autonomously in developing new business growth whilst liaising with internal account managers to effectively manage the continuity of our customer relationships.
- You will be financially astute with knowledge of business needs and concerns as well as the commercial impact of global news and events.
- You will come with strong business-to-business and solutions sales experience. You will have excellent communication/presentation skills across all media, as well as the ability to use technology (e.g. MS Office, web conferencing, search engines, reporting tools, and sales automation platforms such as Salesforce).
- Proven experience of working within and selling into multi-national global organizations.
Convera is the largest non-bank B2B cross-border payments company in the world. Formerly Western Union Business Solutions, we leverage decades of industry expertise and technology-led payment solutions to deliver smarter money movements to our customers – helping them capture more value with every transaction. Convera serves more than 30,000 customers ranging from small business owners to enterprise treasurers to educational institutions to financial institutions to law firms to NGOs.
Our teams care deeply about the value we bring to our customers which makes Convera a rewarding place to work. This is an exciting time for our organization as we build our team with growth-minded, results-oriented people who are looking to move fast in an innovative environment.
As a truly global company with employees in over 20 countries, we are passionate about diversity; we seek and celebrate people from different backgrounds, lifestyles, and unique points of view. We want to work with the best people and ensure we foster a culture of inclusion and belonging.
We offer an abundance of competitive perks and benefits including:
- Market competitive monthly gross salary, plus commission based on success
- Great career growth and development opportunities in a global organization
- A flexible approach to work
- Paid holidays, time-off and leave policies for life events (maternity, paternity, adoption, bereavement, military)
- Paid volunteering opportunities
There are plenty of amazing opportunities at Convera for talented, creative problem solvers who never settle for good enough and are looking to transform Business to Business payments. Apply now if you’re ready to unleash your potential.
- Job Family Go-to-Market
- Job Function Business Development/Hunting
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Friday, March 17, 2023
- Job End Date Monday, July 31, 2023