Engineering Manager - Remote
As an Engineering Manager with Convera;
You will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary team of engineering, data science, product management, infosec to deliver new platform capabilities that provide customer value.
- Leading 2-3 full stack Pods consisting of front-end, back-end, and automated testing engineers
- Building and maintaining a roadmap of both business and technical initiatives and deliverables
- Taking ownership of Enterprise product capabilities like Customer onboarding, Entity management, File management system
- Evangelizing Agile Methodologies of iterative improvements, retrospectives, timely deliverables
- Promoting a Devops culture of collaboration and ownership of production systems
- Providing coaching and mentorship to team members
- Defining and establish a culture of efficient processes and strong transparency
You should apply if you have:
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- Typically requires a minimum of 2+ years of in Engineering manager role and 10+ years in other related roles like developer, architect and/or lead.
- Experience as an Engineering Manager who has led a team of engineers – experience in financial service / fintech sector is highly desired.
- Deep knowledge in Java-Spring boot microservices, UI technologies like React/Angular, event driven architecture, relational and non-relational data stores, and AWS best practices.
- Experience in shaping the CI/CD architecture to smoothly transition from traditional large scale software development into fast-paced cloud delivery model.
- Hands-on experience with TDD or BDD methodology
- Experience in building, mentoring and growing an engineering team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and interact efficiently with cross functional leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive cultural change in the team, cultivating innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Desire to learn new technologies and ability to analyze the applicability of a technology in business context.
- Proficient experience of defining and articulating a product vision, future roadmap in collaboration with leadership and key partners.
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on data-driven decision making.
Convera is the largest non-bank B2B cross-border payments company in the world. Formerly Western Union Business Solutions, we leverage decades of industry expertise and technology-led payment solutions to deliver smarter money movements to our customers – helping them capture more value with every transaction. Convera serves more than 30,000 customers ranging from small business owners to enterprise treasurers to educational institutions to financial institutions to law firms to NGOs.
Our teams care deeply about the value we bring to our customers which makes Convera a rewarding place to work. This is an exciting time for our organization as we build our team with growth-minded, results-oriented people who are looking to move fast in an innovative environment.
As a truly global company with employees in over 20 countries, we are passionate about diversity; we seek and celebrate people from different backgrounds, lifestyles, and unique points of view. We want to work with the best people and ensure we foster a culture of inclusion and belonging.
We offer an abundance of competitive perks and benefits including:
There are plenty of amazing opportunities at Convera for talented, creative problem solvers who never settle for good enough and are looking to transform Business to Business payments. Apply now if you’re ready to unleash your potential.
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Sales Success/Enablement
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Pune, India, Business Bay, Pune, Maharashtra, India