Principal Sales Compensation Specialist
As a Principal Sales Compensation Specialist at Convera, based in London office, you will work closely with the Go-To-Market (GTM) Leadership team to drive operational excellence in monthly commission operations, including commission forecast, accruals, compensation plan design, and implementation. This highly influential role will require working cross-functionally across GTM, Finance and HR to find and drive opportunities that will help simplify and redefine Sales Compensation.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with GTM team to lead the compensation plan design and implementation as well as handle day-to-day operations.
- Supervising and providing guidance for the audit of the compensation calculations and analysis.
- Consulting and providing expertise to sales management regarding sales compensation best practices and trends.
- Proposing innovative ways to simplify and process the calculations of the payouts to ensure compliance with plan documents.
- Partnering with various teams within Sales Operations, Billing, and Sales leadership to identify and implement process improvements.
- Document existing processes that are internal to the sales compensation team (eg procedures related to the on-boarding and off-boarding of Sales reps, commission approval process) as well as those intended for Sales teams.
- Identifying and serving as subject matter expert in enhancing other processes that may impact sales compensation.
- Regularly reviewing the efficacy of existing methodologies and strategies and providing input into overall plan design to drive key sales outcomes and leadership objectives.
- Providing analytical support (assessment of historical data, pipeline, etc.) and ad-hoc research and analysis on other related variable pay projects as identified by management - Summarize findings and communicate recommendations to senior leadership.
- Mentoring and coaching other team members to build a strong Sales comp community that is constantly looking at market best practices and leveraging the best to build our own.
- Extensive experience in Compensation management.
- Strong management skills and ability to cultivate a high-performing global team.
- Strong knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, sales data tracking processes, and methodologies.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and conduct scenario analyses/modeling. Keen focus on accuracy Involvement with mergers/acquisitions/divestitures due diligence and integration.
- Strong initiative, work ethic, ability to work independently and take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Must be resourceful, proactive, able to multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience using Ceridian’s Dayforce system would be advantage
Convera is the largest non-bank B2B cross-border payments company in the world. Formerly Western Union Business Solutions, we leverage decades of industry expertise and technology-led payment solutions to deliver smarter money movements to our customers – helping them capture more value with every transaction. Convera serves more than 30,000 customers ranging from small business owners to enterprise treasurers to educational institutions to financial institutions to law firms to NGOs.
Our teams care deeply about the value we bring to our customers which makes Convera a rewarding place to work. This is an exciting time for our organization as we build our team with growth-minded, results-oriented people who are looking to move fast in an innovative environment.
As a truly global company with employees in over 20 countries, we are passionate about diversity; we seek and celebrate people from different backgrounds, lifestyles, and unique points of view. We want to work with the best people and ensure we foster a culture of inclusion and belonging.
We offer an abundance of competitive perks and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn an annual bonus (dependent on performance)
- Great career growth and development opportunities in a global organization
- Hybrid working
- Corporate benefits
There are plenty of amazing opportunities at Convera for talented, creative problem solvers who never settle for good enough and are looking to transform Business to Business payments.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Job Function Total Rewards
- Pay Type Salary
- London, UK