Project Manager II
The Project Manager leads all phases of the project management life cycle - Initiation, Planning, Execution, Implementation, Controlling and Closing. The position is responsible for executing projects within the constraints of scope, schedule, quality and budget. This includes resource planning and management of team members, third-party contractors and consultants. The Project Manager is also responsible for requirements gathering, scoping, estimating, developing the Statement of Work, monitoring ongoing costs, constructing capital requests and ensuring project status is communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
Project managers blend project management experience, technical expertise, client knowledge, organizational change management practices and communication skills to achieve the project’s objectives throughout its lifecycle. Responsibilities and expected dimensions of leadership, achievement and certification rise accordingly with each designated level of Project Manager.
Strategy and Planning
• Defines project scope, goals, benefits and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develops full-scale project plans using Enterprise Project Management systems and create associated communications documents.
• Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Drafts and submits Statements of Work and budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
• Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
Execution and Service Delivery
• Directs and manages project lifecycle from initiation to closing.
• Assesses project staffing needs and procure resources through Alta’s resource management process.
• Establishes quality guidelines and perform quality control throughout project lifecycle.
• Identifies project dependencies and manage to critical path.
• Tracks and communicates project milestones and deliverables.
• Proactively manages scope changes, identifies potential crises and devises contingency plans.
• Conducts project risk analyses and escalate as appropriate to project sponsors and organizational leaders.
• Defines project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project.
• Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Consistent and timely utilization of the defined PMO tools and templates.
Communication and Collaboration
• Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Communicates with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
• Builds, develops and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Identifies and manages interdependent tasks and projects.
• Conducts project post mortems and create a lessons learned report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Manages internal and external stakeholder expectations.
• Uses excellent judgment skills to weigh facts and possible courses of action in order to make sound decisions.
• Is highly dependable and autonomous, and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Uses tact and bearing during circumstances where conflict and tension are high.
• Possesses strong moral character.
• Employs unselfish behavior and gives credit to those who deserve it.
• Coaches, mentors, motivates and supervises project team members and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Seeks to understand project subject matter to increase value to the project team.
• Supervises and carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, retaining and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing and resolving issues; development of leaders. The position also requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies. All leadership positions are expected to attain Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business-related field is required.
Work Experience: At least four years required up to nine years of relevant work experience is required for Project Management and IT Operations. At least four year e-Commerce, Outsourcing, Entertainment, Consumer, Goods & Services, and Healthcare industry experience - preferred.
Certifications / Licenses: PMP - preferred, Six Sigma Yellow Belt - preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possesses a positive, can-do attitude, who can think outside of the box to help solve problems, overcome obstacles and find the best solution to keep multiple projects on task.
• Proven ability to initiate and drive projects through fruition. Willingness to tackle problems and seek out new opportunities.
• Ability to simplify complex issues, can differentiate between critical details and unimportant facts, has a logical thought process in resolving problems. Problem definition and resolution skills.
• Proven ability to provide technical direction and vision for project(s) defined, demonstrate technical proficiency, attention to detail and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrates productivity, manages priorities and follows procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong listening skills. Strong sense of teamwork and cross-functional skills are required.
• Historically delivers projects within allocated budgets and meeting project schedules. Meets commitments, stays focused under pressure, accepts accountability and takes full ownership of all projects from beginning to end.
• Dynamic leadership skills, confidence and ability to cultivate relationships, motivates and influences others, manages multiple project teams, holds internal and external customers accountable toward common goals, meets the desired outcomes, ability to give and receive constructive feedback and works well with others.
• Ability to work effectively within and across teams and global locations. Proven success in delivering projects in a matrix organization.
• Experience with a wide range of eCommerce, Compliance, Facilities, Operations and/or IT functions – including IT Infrastructure, Software Development, Transactional Processing, Web Development, Data Warehousing & Reporting and Telephony is desired.
• Demonstrates ability to handle 3-5 large projects for multiple sites simultaneously in an ever changing, diverse environment. Takes full ownership and accountability for all projects assigned. Expectations management is crucial – need to ensure that the business needs are aligned with the deliverables.
• Experience with organizational change management.
• This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint and Visio. Individuals in this position must possess the ability to learn and understand new software and other technology applications as introduced by Client and Alta Resources. Qualified applicants should have previously used Microsoft Project in a professional setting and experience with Project Server is recommended.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Pasig City, 34th Floor, Wynsum Corporate Plaza, Pasig, National Capital Region, Philippines