Software Tester I
The Software Tester I is accountable for the development and documentation of test plans, test procedures, test requirements, test cases and testing of software products. Perform various testing, defining and implementing manual or automated testing tools and other quality assurance practices within the department.
Strategy and Planning
• Ensures that testing activities will guarantee that applications under test meet business functional requirements, and systems performance through identification of issues, re-testing and resolution of issue before application are released to production.
• Collaborates with project team members in the development of test plans, test activities, reporting issues, testing metrics and reporting of progress.
• Reviews and analyze test results, and provide recommendations on areas of the SDLC process for process improvements.
• Implement standards relating to software testing practices, including systems documentation, naming conventions, security, backup and recovery data.
• Develop test plans, test cases, and other testing scenarios and execute testing to ensure product conformance to business, functional and performance requirements.
• Performs manual and/or automated testing, document test results, defect reporting, and defect tracking.
• Performs various types of software testing such as integration testing, functionality testing, regression testing, load testing, performance testing, security testing, browser, OS, and mobile compatibility testing and others as may be required for the product.
• Document, track, and communicate test plan, test result, test metrics, analysis, unresolved and other quality issues.
• Participates in consumer support, issue escalation, troubleshooting and analysis.
• Conducts process audits to monitor adherence to documented processes, procedures and standards, document and cascade audit results.
• Performs other testing and quality assurance related task as may be assigned.
Execution and Service Delivery
• Implements testing productivity tools for effective and efficient execution of test activities for timely delivery of testing results.
• Executes testing in accordance to developed test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and testing strategies.
• Re-test program fixes to ensure issues have been resolved correctly.
• Displays skills in the use of automation testing tools and testing processes.
• Executes task with a sense of urgency but keeping in mind the requirement for quality.
Communication and Collaboration
• Documents and communicate testing feedback clearly with inclusion of test proofs and testing steps to facilitate replication of the reported issues.
• Produces and communicates testing status relative to schedules, milestones, variances and open issues.
• Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
• Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies.
• Provides technical assistance and training focusing on work expertise, particularly with platforms to junior testers.
MINIMUM COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems required
Work Experience: At least one year required up to three years Programming background or actual programming experience is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Initiative – willingness to tackle problems and seek our new opportunities.
• Analytical Skills – ability to simplify complex issues, can differentiate between critical details, and unimportant facts. Has a logistical through process in resolving problems.
• Quality – demonstration of technical proficiency, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
• Result – demonstration of productivity, managing priorities and time. And following procedures.
• Communication – demonstration of good speaking writing, and listening skills.
• Dependability – meets commitments, stays focused under pressure, accepts accountability.
• Interpersonal skills – builds strong relationships, is able to give and receive constructive feedback, and works well with others. Teamwork – ability to work effectively within and across team and global locations.
• Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and office business operations.
• Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrate ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
• Ability to travel to Alta locations and clients locations; can be up to 15% of the time.
• This position requires a working knowledge of computer technology that includes: Microsoft Office Suite. Database/SQL development experience with MS SQL Server, Windows Service Development, Web UI development, and accessing relational databases.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines