Product Developer, Thermal-Mechanical
We give bright minds the tools to be truly creative and innovative. Join our team!
At Christie®, we create award-winning light technology solutions and services that help our partners and customers deliver unforgettable shared experiences. We’re a global group of passionate people at a company committed to leading-edge innovation, creating high-quality illumination products and solutions, and inspiring our customers and one another. We like to say we’re a global company with local roots. We work collaboratively to support our partners in every market and region we serve around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a passionate, agile Thermal-Mechanical Product Developer II. In this role you will be responsible for developing thermal system and subsystem. Success in this role requires one to navigate cross-functional aspects of product development through specification development, system integration and commercialization of digital projectors. You have these opportunities to develop and deliver high quality innovative products in Thermal-Mechanical design.
- Support the design of both air and liquid cooling solutions
- Collaborate with other functional engineering disciplines to create feasible product concepts and thermal management systems
- Simulate component and system thermal performance using Analytical methods, CFD, and FEA tools.
- Measure and validate thermal concepts and prototypes
- Develop and automate new thermal measurement capabilities
- Analyze and estimate product noise level
- Coordinate and communicate project status with internal project teams.
- Mechanical design of components and assemblies including plastics, sheet metal, and structural components with hands-on prototyping
- Create high-quality specifications and manufacturing instructions for components and assemblies
Location: hybrid position based in Kitchener, ON
What we’re offering
A competitive salary, vacation, health & dental benefits, and employer-matched pension plan.
You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and collaborate with professionals on a global reach. Whether you’re working with the leading minds in the industry on high-profile projects, with internal teams to support continuous improvement, or with our customers to inspire and delight—your contributions will make a difference.
The experience and skills we value:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of thermal management system design for consumer electronics products
- Experience working with thermal simulation software (SolidWorks Flow simulation or Icepak)
- Experience in feedback control for dynamic cooling systems
- Experience in using the Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data
- Experience with manufacturing, thermal components supply chains, and cross-communications between design teams
- An exceptional team player with experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, ODM, and third-party vendor teams
What will put you ahead:
- 3- 5 years of experience in the design of mechanical and preferably opto-mechanical systems
- Proficient in the use of 3d Parametric Solid Modelling, such as SolidWorks, and the development of detailed engineering drawings
- Experience using design tools such as DFMA, DFMEA, PFMEA, Poka-Yoke
- Knowledge of rapid and conventional prototyping techniques
- Familiarity with fundamental electrical engineering principles
Christie is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Christie is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All offers of employment at Christie are conditional upon the successful completion of a background screening and we engage a third party vendor to complete the process. Your consent is required prior to the process beginning.
- Pay Type Salary
- Christie Digital, 809 Wellington St. N., Kitchener, Ontario, Canada