Sr Product Developer
We keep raising the bar by consistently setting the standards and being first to market with some of the world's most advanced projectors and complete systems displays. Christie is recognized as one of the most innovative visual technology companies in the world and offers careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
In the role of Senior Product Developer, Optical, you will develop novel illumination and optical systems as related to projection display technology. Your design and development work in laser based (solid state) projection systems will emphasize high brightness and efficient light coupling. To be successful, you bring strong analytical and simulation skills to complement your creativity; and also a hands-on ability so concepts developed can be demonstrated in a laboratory environment.
You will work with electrical, software and mechanical engineers on the team as well as evaluating new vendors and cutting-edge technology. Several key requirements for this position include evaluating designs and ideas in simulation software and building demonstration prototypes that can be developed into manufacturable products.
You will be familiar with Zemax OpticStudio and/or TracePro Expert and have experience in design, tolerancing, and/or analysis of optical systems for imaging, relays or illumination. You should also be comfortable with designing and setting up optical experiments for optical system validation. Familiarity with the use of spectrometers, illumination sources and integrating spheres is highly desirable.
To meet the challenge of being an Senior Product Developer, Optical you will need:
- Degree in Engineering Physics, Engineering Science or Physics
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in optical engineering
- Experience with laser optics and beam delivery optics
- Experience with optical design and analysis software (Zemax and/or TracePro)
- Experience with testing optical components and systems
- Hands on optical lab experience and knowledge on the use of optical measurement instrumentation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills working across multiple disciplines
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Good troubleshooting skills
Additional skills that will be considered assets:
- Test automation
- Digital projection
- Projection lens testing and design
- Numerical methods and data analysis
- Ability to design thin film optical coatings
- Thermal stress analysis of optical glass elements
- Knowledge of laser speckle mitigation techniques
Christie is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (VEVRRA). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Christie Digital Systems USA, Inc., please call Human Resources at (714) 236-8610. We are open Monday through Friday from, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Pacific Time.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Christie Digital Systems provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
- Pay Type Salary
- Allen, TX, USA