Vice President - Accounting
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Atlantic Canada with offices across the United States and around the world, Bulletproof has decades of experience in IT, security, and compliance. The company’s footprint now includes users on six continents trusting Bulletproof to address their technology challenges and strengthen their security posture.
Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities. Bulletproof's practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Project Management, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, Managed Security Services, and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions.
At Bulletproof, our people are the core of who we are and what we do. Founded in Atlantic Canada and now operating globally, it’s our people who drive us and who bring us together. We believe that it’s through trusting and empowering our entire team, that we achieve more. Bulletproof is a Microsoft Solutions Provider, a FOUR-PEAT Microsoft Canada Workplace Impact Award winner, and crowned the 2021 Microsoft Global Security Partner of the Year. Bulletproof is proud to be a member of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. We are committed to helping our customers achieve more.
Ours is a workplace you will brag about. The people are smart. The clients are appreciative. The atmosphere is friendly. Opportunities for growth abound.
If you have a “let’s do this!” attitude and a semi-decent sense of humor, we want to hear from you.
About the Job:
Our VP, Accounting will work closely with local management and our parent Company’s CFO to ensure that we fulfill our revenue objectives and adhere to accounting and reporting policies. Additionally, this
• Provide leadership, vision and direction within the accounting team
• Manage the delivery of high-quality financial support services
• Oversee the General Accounting and Financial Reporting functions including inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial/compliance reporting, budget preparation, M&A, business integration, balance sheet management, A/R and A/P
• Maintain a system of internal controls to ensure that Company assets are safeguarded
• Advise the leadership team on all aspects of financial management.
• Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with internal and external auditors
• Ensure successful completion of the company’s tax filings
• Prepare financial statements, including cash flow statements
• Oversee budgeting process and payroll
• Manage a small accounting team and is responsible for hiring, training, providing feedback and mentoring staff members.
• 10 years’ + experience as a hands-on Accounting leader in project based or managed service type of industry which has recurring revenue
• Experience working within a complex technology industry environment is strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related major is required
• Either a CA, CMA, CIMA or CPA designation is required
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) are required.
• Proven analysis and problem-solving principles within a medium-to-large, multi-site organization.
• The ability to lead an accounting team to achieve departmental and business finance demands is fundamental
• Must be able to on-site work in our Fredericton Office
What's On Offer:
Competitive base salary and bonus
Extended health insurance (Employee is 100% Company Paid)
RRSP with Company match
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Bulletproof is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Bulletproof is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Job Family Canada
- Pay Type Salary
- Fredericton, NB, Canada