Practice Lead - Cybersecurity
Fredericton, NB, Canada ● Halifax, NS, Canada ● Moncton, NB, Canada Req #603
December 28, 2022
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Atlantic Canada with offices across the United States and around the world, Bulletproof has two decades in the security business, protecting its clients’ privacy and data. The company’s footprint now includes users on six continents trusting Bulletproof to secure their identities, networks, data, and devices.
Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities. Bulletproof's practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions.
At Bulletproof, our people are the core of who we are and what we do. Founded in Atlantic Canada and now operating globally, it’s our people who drive us and who bring us together. We believe that it’s through trusting and empowering our entire team, that we achieve more. Bulletproof is a Microsoft Solutions Provider, a FOUR-PEAT Microsoft Canada Workplace Impact Award winner, and crowned the 2021 Microsoft Global Security Partner of the Year. Bulletproof is proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner with twelve gold competencies and a member of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. We are committed to helping our customers achieve more securely.
The Practice Lead - Cybersecurity (PL) is responsible to lead business growth for their practice and investigate new verticals for sales in alignment with divisional strategic goals. The PL also deals with the operational tasks of managing a technical team of security consultants that is responsible for the delivery of Cybersecurity Engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities"
• Defining services offered by team in alignment with strategic objectives
• Contribute to sales support materials (Service descriptions, Sale Battlecards, Scoping and Pricing templates, etc.)
• Establishing the delivery technical testing methodology with related processes and tools
• Work closely with Project Managers (PM) for delivery resource scheduling and to ensure projects stay on schedule and on budget
• Keep abreast of project status for related practice projects
• Work on recruiting as needed by providing updated position profiles, interviewing and selecting candidates
• Work closely with employees to perform goal setting and overall performance management tasks
• Manage and oversee team utilization and capacity individually and collaboratively PMs.
• Define training plans for resources in alignment with department service delivery
• Align practice performance to the balanced scorecard for the Information Security Services department – for shared success.
• In addition to the above, maintain an individual chargeability rate of at least 60%
• Responsible for all deliverables and quality produced by their practice
• Provide mentoring and training for team members.
• Lead the team to ensure their growth and success in their career
• Focus on employee retention
• Interface directly with managers, employees, clients, partners, and others to clearly define requirements and manage expectations.
• Liaise with clients, taking time to understand clients’ evolving needs, developing the client relationship through effective communication and personal skills
• Assist the team with completing tasks as necessary to complete the projects successfully
• Perform account planning activities for larger clients/accounts, including attending re-occurring meetings to proactively resource upcoming engagements based on client roadmaps
• Communicate effectively with the global team in a fast-paced work environment
• Promote and practice company values while leading staff and nurturing a creative, innovative, and enjoyable work environment
Required Education and Credentials:
• Bachelor’s degree in any subject area or equivalent experience.
• Minimum seven years information security roles experience.
• Technical certifications such as CISM, CISSP, OSCP is considered an asset but not required.
Skills and Experience:
• Positive attitude.
• Empathetic team member able to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Critical eye for details.
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Excellent time management, task planning, and prioritization skills.
• Strong proactive project management skills.
• Understanding of Information Security Practices.
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client and team requirements.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional remote teams.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of Tools
• Skilled at creating schedules for shared resources.
• Proactive in identifying and resolving issues and working through challenges with a positive attitude.
• Leadership and relationship-building skills.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Able to document issues, alternatives, and recommendations in an effective manner suitable for executive consumption.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Bulletproof is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Bulletproof is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Job Family Canada
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Halifax, NS, Canada
- Moncton, NB, Canada