Senior Performance Tester
Fredericton, NB, Canada ● Halifax, NS, Canada ● Moncton, NB, Canada Req #592
Wednesday, 28 December 2022
Who We Are:
Headquartered in Atlantic Canada with offices across the United States and around the world, Bulletproof has two decades in the security business, protecting its clients’ privacy and data.
The company’s footprint now includes users on six continents trusting Bulletproof to secure their identities, networks, data, and devices.
Driven by innovative, empowered and creative teamwork, we build solutions that solve business challenges and deliver overall business improvement for our global clients. At Bulletproof, we are committed to our customers, our team and our communities.
Bulletproof's practices include Security and Network Operations Centers, Security Assessment & Audit, Quality Assurance and Testing, Microsoft Consulting, Managed Services, and Product Fulfillment; working together to provide true end-to-end business solutions.
Why You Should Work With Us:
At Bulletproof, our people are the core of who we are and what we do. Founded in Atlantic Canada and now operating globally, it’s our people who drive us and who bring us together. We believe that it’s through trusting and empowering our entire team, that we achieve more. Bulletproof was named Microsoft’s global Security Partner of the Year  and Four-peat Microsoft Canada IMPACT Award winner [2019-2022].
Bulletproof is proud to be a Microsoft Gold Partner with twelve gold competencies and a member of the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association. We are committed to helping our customers achieve more securely.
Working closely with the Test Manager, the Senior Technical Tester is responsible for applying our test methodology and associated processes on our client projects, mentoring, and providing testing best practice guidance to junior test team members.
Job Details/Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
- Perform test planning, analysis and design activities
- Identity the tasks defined in the test strategy in terms of technical requirements for performance
- Develop performance strategy using open-source tools
- Develop Performance script for complex architecture
- Setup and configure performance monitoring tools
- Identify and prepare performance test data
- Good understanding of architecture
- Good understanding of network\Protocol concepts
- Development experience in C, Java
- Good understanding of Azure Datawarehouse\Database
- Conduct technical testing activities as defined in test plan
- Prepare and execute the appropriate activities, and report on their progress to the Test Manager
- Implement the necessary tools and techniques to achieve the defined project goals
- Participate in Test Retrospective reviews and prepare traceability matrix
- Update and maintain team training and knowledge transfer assets
- Train, mentor and coach test team members and provide performance feedback
- Maintain and communicate a solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies and terminology
- Hands on knowledge of Loadrunner or Jmeter is considered to be a strong asset.
- Minimum 5+ yrs working in Performance testing, Quality Assurance
- Minimum 5+ yrs working in Business/IT Sector
- Minimum 3+ yrs working with a Test Case Management system
- Minimum 3+ yrs working with a Defect Management system
- Experience with 3 or more of the following considered an asset:
- Lottery & Gaming domain experience
- Experience testing web-based client/server solutions
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements
- Experience testing data warehouse and ETL solutions
- Automation testing experience
- Database testing experience
- Core Attributes/Characteristics:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Positive attitude, ability to motivate others and has ability to give and receive feedback
- Analytical mindset
- Displays flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Self motivated and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Demonstrate the ability to provide information and ideas in a clear, comprehensive, concise and organized manner
- Maintains excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and/or Business, or
• 2 Year Diploma in IT and/or Business
• Diploma in IT and/or Business with Equivalent IT Experience
• Industry recognized Testing Certification
• Must have the ability to travel up to 35% and be eligible for a US Work Visa.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Bulletproof is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Bulletproof is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
- Job Family Canada
- Pay Type Salary
- Fredericton, NB, Canada
- Halifax, NS, Canada
- Moncton, NB, Canada